Holy fuckballs the world is crazy right now. If you haven’t heard, I’ve lost my job for the foreseeable future. So, what to do? In these uncertain times, the best approach is to bury myself in music and projects.
I started writing The Daily Ghost eight years ago. I thought that reviewing every “Ghost” would be a rewarding journey and increase my capability as a music listener.
I shared my idea with some people and they encouraged me to write and publish it. With the help of some amazing editors (thanks Mike and Dianna), The Daily Ghost grew into a pretty big thing. From there, I worked on some other projects including my summer recap series (33 in 33), other ambitious writing, created a podcast, #Memo365, and developed a Twitter personality.
All these things have been difficult to manage while working full time, as I’m sure many of you can imagine.
Well now, I have time on my hands. And in my opinion, it’s going to be for a long time.
So, I’m going to get working. Here’s a few things I’d like to do across multiple platforms.
- TWITTER: I want to turn @LawnMemo into an outlet for our Phish community. People are going to be in a lot of trouble. Financially, emotionally you name it. If you need help (whatever it might be), hit me up on Twitter. I will do my best to help. I know there is an army of Phish fans with financial, technical, and emotional skills ready to assist. We just need to connect with each other. Nobody helps others like Phish fans. I’ll do my best to run point. I’m already on Twitter like 12 hours a day. Okay, probably 16.
- PODCAST: I’ll be working on The Daily Soundcheck Podcast, so expect more episodes soon.
- BLOG: The Daily Ghost will return! I promise to write at least once a week. I’m way behind, so let’s get cracking..
- LIVE STREAM: Get ready for LawnMemo Live. Yes, I’m jumping into live streaming. I’ll answer questions on whatever, chat with guests, tell awful jokes, wear a helmet, and hopefully provide some entertainment. If I suck at it, I’ll just get blasted to the point where I don’t care how it goes.
- MEMO BEARD: I plan on growing a beard for the first time. Heads up, it’s not going to go well. I’ll update via pictures.
- Open Ended: If you have any ideas hit me up!
Also, some of my closest friends suggested I run some kind of sponsorship program. Right at the top of lawnmemo.com there is an option to subscribe/set up a recurring donation via paypal. You can also make a one time donation as well.
In alliance with my #1 priority… I will give back half of any money donated/subscribed to me. Friends and artists are going to need it.
So, that’s where we are.
If you’ve enjoyed any of my projects in the past, love what I’m doing now, or believe in me in the future, then feel free to subscribe. If you don’t have the money, or think this lame idea, don’t hate yourself for not kicking in. I’m going to do all these things anyway because I love doing them. Creating content for the Phsh community is a passion of mine, and it helps me grow as a fan and a person. Enjoy any or all of my content, no matter what you choose to do. I lobe you.
Let me know any thoughts, ideas, or whatever you’re thinking. Send them over on Twitter or email me at email@example.com.
Myke “LawnMemo” Menio